Managing Your Grief
Grief is complex and has many facets. There is no right or wrong way to react to a loss. No two individuals will react in the same way.
Grief can include physical, intellectual, spiritual, social, emotional and occupational elements and is considered to be normal response to an abnormal event.
When you are recovering give yourself sometime to grieve and work through your emotions. There is no set time-frame when it comes to recovery.
- Acknowledge what you are going through.
- Know that your emotions are likely to change day by day.
- Maintain a normal routine whenever possible.
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep or rest.
- Try and maintain a healthy and balanced diet.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Talk openly with family and friends on how you are really feeling.
- Seek out professional help if you feel you need to.
- Consider joining a support group.
Phone: 0455 779 073
Phone: 0407 760 892
Phone: (08) 8582 4422
3 Riverview Drive, Berri
Phone: 1800 182 325